If you have read the previous blog in our four-part series, then you understand how important pre-pregnancy preparation and care is, but during pregnancy, it’s a whole new world! With lots of different feelings and emotions, an entire human (or two or more!) growing inside you, which is why care during your pregnancy is just as important, if not more, than prior to!
Here at Port Perry Wellness Centre, we design safe and effective prenatal programs and exercises to maintain overall fitness, strengthen the core and pelvic floor muscles, and alleviate common pregnancy-related discomforts.
Pain Relief and Management:
- Offer techniques and therapies to relieve pregnancy-related musculoskeletal pain, such as back pain, sciatica and pelvic girdle pain.
- Provide guidance on maintaining proper posture during pregnancy to reduce strain on the spine and other supporting structures.
Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation:
- Offer specialized pelvic floor exercise therapy to address pelvic floor dysfunction, incontinence and other pelvic health issues.
Swelling and Edema Management:
- Teach techniques to manage swelling and edema, including exercises, elevation and compression strategies.
Safe Cardiovascular Exercises:
- Recommend low-impact cardiovascular exercises that promote circulation and cardiovascular health without putting excessive strain on the body.
Breathing and Relaxation Techniques:
- Teach breathing and relaxation exercises to help manage stress, improve oxygenation and promote relaxation during pregnancy.
Adapting Exercise Routines:
- Continuously modify exercise routines to accommodate the changing needs and physical limitations of each stage of pregnancy.
Assessment of Body Changes:
- Regularly assess and address changes in posture, gait and physical function during pregnancy.
- Encourage partners to participate in treatment sessions to gain a better understanding for pregnancy support.
- Provide education on topics like, postpartum recovery exercises and baby care ergonomics.
By focusing on the unique needs and physical changes during pregnancy, we can enhance the well-being of individuals throughout their pregnancy journey. The goal is to help you maintain a healthy and active lifestyle while effectively managing any physical challenges that arise during this transformative time!
But let’s not forget that after you give birth, your entire world will change, including your body! It is key to remember that this is perfectly normal and okay. In part four of our pregnancy blog series we talk about all the important things that we offer for your post pregnancy care!
Stay tuned and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out, because we are here for you every step of the way!